View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 10, 2010, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Here's a question, how do you really know the guy you're working with is properly licensed in your state? Especially when you have a last minute replacement?
With this association, I would be told who my partner was when I was called for the last minute assignment, so I know at that point that the guy I should be working with was also assigned by my assigner, and therefore would have to be certified. However if, for some reason, someone else was there other than the guy my assigner mentioned, then I would probably have to take his word. I am new in Texas, so I don't know anyone - that makes it difficult to recognize if someone is in the association based on meetings and past games.

This would likely never be an issue with a Varsity game. I would think my partners would wonder more about me since I am new to the state - they likely know each other.

We are told to make sure we communicate with our partners as well, so I would likely call the person I am working with on a last minute assignment as well. That way they know to expect me as their partner instead of the guy they likely saw on Arbiter.