Thread: Mom slaps coach
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 08, 2010, 03:24pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation Mom slaps coach

This morning I was talking to a friend who also refs and he asked me if anything really interesting happened at the MS girls tournament I worked this past weekend. Something did, so I thought I'd post it here. It was a 7th grade girls game and it was the game just before my shift started, so I only saw the last few minutes. Apparently, one of the coaches thought one of his players was ignoring his instructions, so he sent in a sub for her and as she came off the court, he threw his clipboard at her! Fortunately, he missed. A woman, who I assume was her mom, was sitting about three rows up in the bleachers and she rushed down, ran over to the coach and slapped him across the face!

There was someone from the tournament management there and he ran over to stop whatever was going to happen. I was standing pretty far away at the entrance to that court so I couldn't see everything. Since there was only about 90 seconds left in the game and there was almost a 20 point differential, the refs just called off the game. It took about 10 minutes to clear away the parents who had come over to that bench. My partner and I (he didn't work that game either), got the next two teams to start their warmups so we wouldn't fall behind in the schedule.

I didn't hear any more about it, but it was pretty weird to see. I guess you could call her a really hot mom.