View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 06, 2010, 12:42pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Hi ejn. Welcome to the forum. I hope that it'll be helpful to you during the season.

Unfortunately, I'm going to disagree with your analysis of this interpretation. Just a couple of points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejn1958 View Post
This doesn't fall under any of the correctable areas. An officials judgment mistake is not correctable.
But this is not a judgment call. Everyone recognizes that the clock showed .3 and everyone recognizes that the throw-in pass was caught before the try. There's no judgment involved whatsoever. They saw the clock, they saw the catch and they set aside a rule and counted the basket.

Quote:
This is not erroneoulsy counting or canceling a score. That refers to the scorer counting a basket on a player control foul when the official cancelled the basket, or not counting a made basket as signaled by the official, etc.
As Gamer pointed out, what you describe is actually not a correctable error. It's correctable, but it does not fall under the jurisdiction of Rule 2-10. What you describe is a mistake by the scorer, not the officials; and as such, can be corrected at any time before the final score is approved.

Quote:
someone alert the other partners when the situation is about to come into play. There is no reason that the officials can't come together prior to the throw-in & say:"hey, we've got 3/10's left, they can't catch & release, only tap, so whose ever primary it is, kill it if it's caught & thrown".
I agree with you completely on this. We get together at the end of the game to review the situation and "anticipate the play". This is one of the things we should remind each other about.