View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 04, 2010, 11:41am
Esteemed Forum Member

Additional Options ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
One player for team A just runs on the court and replaces another at the lane line during this, thus becoming an illegal replacement.
A technical foul is certainly warranted here, however, there are other approaches.

One approach is to give a strong "stop sign" to said substitute if he's trying to illegally enter while the foul is being reported.

Another approach is to tell the illegal substitute to go back to the table, and tell the player who went out to get back on the lane line. Then beckon in the substitute. He'll be so embarrassed that he probably won't do it again.

The three approaches depend on the age level of the players, and the usual approach that's taken in your neck of the woods. We're very patient here in my little corner of Connecticut. In thirty years, I've never seen a technical foul charged for this infraction in any high school game, varsity, or subvarsity, ever. We never let this go. We always address it. We usually take the "stop sign" approach.

But remember, as St. Ambrose use to say, "When in Rome ... ".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)