View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 03, 2010, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
It's definitely over rated.

They're overpaid,

Many MLB pitchers can enter the game in the 9th inning w/ nobody on base and get guys out. Are some better than others...sure. I know others will disagree...will be in interesting thread.
It depends.

IMO, the MAIN reason for the Yankees winning all those Championships in the 90's and a year ago was because of one man Mariano Rivera.

I am a Met fan and the reason we lost the series to the Yanks in 2000 was because the Yanks had Mo and we had Benitez as a closer.

I realize the Yanks "own" the Twins but 2 yrs. ago the Twins had leads in 2 of those games and their closer (Nathan) "spit the bit" and Mo didn't which was why the yanks won the series. Even Papelbon is not what he used to be and has blown his fair share of saves.

Are some overpaid yes but you can say that about most major league ball players these days.

Jeter who at this point in his career is an average F6 at best turned down a 3 yr. $45 million offer. It looks like the Yanks are starting to "cave" a bit but IMO they should stick to their guns and see if Jeter can get a better offer.

Pete Booth