Thread: Fun night!
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 01, 2010, 12:03am
Lighten up, Francis.

Fun night!

Did a very competitive D3 game tonight. Home team hits a 3 to tie it up with 6.5 seconds left and then visitors win it with the 3 with 0.1 seconds on the clock.

Early in the second half, B3 hip checks A3 as A3 is cutting through the lane. I have a whistle before A3 lands on the floor. As I move to the table to report the foul, B3 says "I just bumped him!" I said "Exactly" and kept going. He then follows me opposite the table and asks -- completely sincerely and respectfully -- "You mean I can't bump the cutters?"

We started the second half with a technical foul against the home team for adding a name to the book. I don't think I've ever had that in a college game.

I called a Class B technical for interfering with the ball after a basket. Home team was pressing and after they made a basket, A1 knocks the ball away from B1 before B1 can get out of bounds for the throw-in. I stop the game and report the warning. On the VERY NEXT POSSESSION, Team A scores and A1 (the same kid) catches the ball out of the net and rolls it through the cheerleaders to the wall. Whack.

Busy -- and fun -- night!