View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 30, 2010, 08:34pm
Esteemed Forum Member

My Condolences ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias View Post
Some of you know that my dad died last year. He was not a real sports fan, but was mildly interesting in my "reffing thing". One of the few officiating experiences that we shared was right after that game. I told him about the mis-spelling of my name and he did a Google search on it. He found the "lengthy thread" that DJ referenced. He laughed very hard for a very long time as he told me how funny "those guys" are.
Great story. My Dad lost his struggle with leukemia twelve years ago and not a single day goes by that I don't think about him, or talk about him. Thanks for sharing this story with us. I hope that it was a positive experience for you. Someday, in the off season, I'll share some very, very, very, off topic stories with you guys about my Dad. Like how he built a concrete flower box in our basement one winter, that was too heavy for us to get out of the basement in the spring. Or how he traded in his rifle for a typewriter after the Battle of Rome, lived in a hotel in Rome, had an audience with Pope Pius XII, and had the use of his captain's staff car, during World War II. Or how he ... Never mind. I'll wait until the offseason.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Nov 30, 2010 at 08:41pm.