Thread: Thunder Stix
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 23, 2003, 07:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Remember those things from the World Series in Anaheim? Well, I had them at my game tonight. One guy in the stands started banging them when the visitors were shooting FTs. In the last NCAA bulletin, it was made clear that these fall under the "artificial noisemaker" rule, like cowbells. But this is the first time I've ever had to deal with them personally. In my naivety, I simply went to the fan and said, "I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to use artificial noisemakers" and he stopped. Would anybody have handled this any differently? I could've gone to the AD (she was at the game), but that would've made a bigger deal of it. Just seeking out thoughts.

By the way, they really live up to their name!!

Chuck
I had a game earlier in the year where a few fans of the opponents had some kazoo-like things. None of the crew noticed them at all but during a timeout in the first half a woman from game management asked me if they were allowed. I told her no & she confiscated them. Tough gal! Anyway, I think I would have asked game management, be it the AD, security or head coach. You're never sure how people will react when told "you can't do that", regardless of how polite you are. That goes double when you're wearing the stripes.