View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 23, 2003, 05:27am
Official Forum Member

Whew! Finally got through reading all the posts concerning this seemingly small item.
Wow! I guess I'm going to have to include this in my pre-game from now on.

Actually, I was in a gym a few weeks ago watching the JV boys, before my Varsity game, and I noticed the net on one end of the gym kept getting hung up. I told my partner this might be a problem in our game...it was...twice.

The Coach for the Home team even mentioned it during our introductions...alerting us about this "cheap" net. He seemed legitimately embarrassed about it. The Coach said he just put these up, and was having some problems with them getting "hung up". I was the Referee and told him we "had noticed it". I don't remember telling him what we would do about it...but just acknowledged that indeed the nets were hanging up.

I didn't really think it was that big of a deal either way actually. If the net gets hung up and I notice it before the other team gets possession I usually blow my whistle and fix the darn thing. If I happen to miss it and we are again back at this basket...well, we just play on untill someone makes a basket and it fixes itself, or fix it at a dead ball period.

I don't really like the idea of people running around on the court that aren't playing, fixing things...I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Dude