View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

I have never been to Hawaii period, however since next year is the 60th anniversary of "The Day which shall live in infamy" something special should be done. Especially since we have fewer Pearl Harbor Survivors every year & too many seem to forget about December 7th.

They could do the Army-Navy Basketball Game on the carrier & the Army-Navy Football Game in Honolulu in the same weekend/week.

Every battlefield, no matter what war, is a place of solemn reflection, a place of reverence.

Perhaps the funds raised from the games could go to upkeep/preservation of Pearl Harbor. Guests of Honor could be Pearl Harbor Survivors &/or their families. A moment of silence can be held in memory of all who lost their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpneck View Post
I am going to make the assumption that you have never been to Pearl Harbor, so that I can believe that you have no concept of how awful and offensive an idea this is.

Pearl Harbor is the most solemn, reverent, location I have ever been to in my life.

The idea of holding a college basketball game on a naval ship there is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited by chseagle; Sun Nov 21, 2010 at 06:42pm.