View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Congrats on poppin the cherry, hope the rest of your career progresses well from here. Sounds like you did a good job and held up your end
If you're gonna take coaches' accolades to heart, do the same when a rampaging fool calls you the absolute worst effing ref in history. Of course you won't cause we all know HE works in my state.
Oh I understand that it can turn on a dime. I had a baseball coach tell me after a game that I was the best ball/strike umpire he had seen at the HS level. The next year, he tells me that my strike zone was "floating all night long". I reminded him of his comment the previous year and asked if he considered the fact that since I was the constant and his pitcher was the variable, maybe he should talk to his guy toeing the rubber. (The guy the year before was a stud [drafted out of HS], the pitcher the second year shouldn't have been pitching above JV level).

By the way, I now coach HS baseball and softball (why I am turning to basketball for an officiating outlet).