View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 18, 2010, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlue View Post
Kind of like the same thing you did when you didn't read enough of the link to discover that author is a woman.
What possible difference does the writer's gender have to do with anything? If there was no intent to raise a question about the the integrity of the officials, why write this piece? Regarding the BYU incident mentioned, was there a mistake made, or was there an effort to cheat. Leaving the reader to ponder that choice without further clarification is a cheap, back-door attempt to side step criticism for taking a veiled cheap shot.

I wouldn't question any official for avoiding being involved in the spectacle of a perceived conflict of interest, that doesn't mean I have to accept some "journalist" raising the question that an official should not be placed in a position of absolute trust, because of what some fan or gambler assumes, based on their own character weakness.

My apologies to male sportswriters for assuming Paola was a male name. For the record Jim Sterk, San Diego State AD should be ashamed of himself for making such a flagrant public comment related to officiating. If he had a problem, and even a modicom of class, he would have taken the issue up with his League.

Last edited by ajmc; Thu Nov 18, 2010 at 06:15pm.