Thread: A Friend
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
In many ways, this is just like a visitation. I've seen old friends show up here that haven't been here in a long time, and it's all because of Mick. Many times I've been to visitations, and the sorrow that results from knowing you've lost someone is offset somewhat by seeing familiy and friends you may not have seen for a long time.

I've also had the priviledge of e-mailing Mick outside this forum, and my guess would be he's smiling about our little "gathering" here. Let's try to keep his memory intact as we continue to use this forum as a way to enrich all of our lives, both in and outside of officiating.

My prayers are with his family. Next spring I will also be planting a couple of flowers in his honor.
Actually we can do something a bit more tangible than that. If you look at the link JR posted at the bottom it has 2 charities we can donate to in Mick's name. I would suggest we designate someone to collect the money & send it in 1 check... except the only one of you SOBs I would even consider trusting with my money is no longer with us.

So write a check & send it in.

Quote:
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, the family suggests that memorials be given to Habitat for Humanity or the Omega House in Houghton.
Omega House - Hospice home located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Habitat for Humanity International-Local Affiliates

Houghton, Michigan:
Copper Country HFH
PO Box 231
Houghton, MI 49931-0231
Phone: (906) 482-5376

So no excuses, do it now.