Thread: A Friend
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 09:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Mick Chambers 1947-2010

For those that did not know Mick Chambers, he was a long time moderator of this board and most of us knew him only through this board. Mick was a member long time contributor to the McGriff forum and then this site since the mid-90s. Many of us only knew him on this forum but his kindness and personality was unmatched. We get into some very big time discussions here and most of us have gotten into it with each other at one time or another over something silly or some officiating opinion. Mick was not one of those guys. I do not think I have ever had a serious disagreement with Mick on any board. And if I did he would say just the thing that would be on point where you would not know if he was upset or disagreed but perfect for the situation.

Now I have never personally met Mick. But over the years Mick and I would correspond through email and PMs on the forum. Recently I saw Mick on Facebook and we corresponded there from time to time over the last few months. And we almost never talked about officiating but family and faith. I know that is family will miss him much more than the people here will that only knew him on this forum. But I learned some valuable life lessons from Mick even if those lessons were without hearing his voice or looking him in the eye. Mick was 63 years old and that is just too young for anyone to pass, but when God wants you He will take you. And it is clear that God needed him than we do here. Mick was a very humble and wonderful guy that would often comment in a couple of words about most subjects but say more than most of us would say in a paragraph.

We love you Mick and we have lost a very good friend to this site and officiating as well as humanity. If the word was more like Mick we would be a better world.

Peace