View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 09, 2010, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballrefinks View Post
Back In The Saddle, i did find that, and that's what I went with, I answered True because water on the court following a timeout would mean that the court isn't ready. How often are you going to have somebody spill water on a court though? I did have a middle school game last year in which a player went full speed into the bench to dive for a loose ball and ended up knocking a full water cooler all over the floor. We had about a 30 minute delay for that. lol
Then you have answered correctly. This delay was added a couple of years ago, and water on the floor was cited as being a major reason for this. Where it normally happens is when teams bring water bottles out onto the floor during a time out. I have seen it happen once or twice. One in particular I remember was a GV game, and when the team realized they'd spilled water one of the scrubs sat right down in the puddle, wiggled around and used her shorts to soak it up. I was laughing too hard to even issue a delay warning.