View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 16, 1999, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Hey Zach,

The "Mr. King" threw me. I had to double-take and see if my dad was on the board. (He's Mr. King.) Of course I'm also becoming Mr. King since kids' friends now call me that. Oh well, gettin' old)

Now back to the subject. I agree there won't be many times where a ball will simply lay on the floor with no one touching it. And yes, you're right, a ball *could* lay in the frontcourt for an entire quarter if no one were to touch it. (take your check and run!!)
I was just trying to point out that while the ball is in team control in the backcourt, whether anyone is in player control or not, you've got to have your count going.

What area of Indiana are you in? Has the IHSAA decided to go back to a single tourney?
The 2 class system in Illinois took getting used to at first, but I think most fans/schools like it. Gives the smaller schools a shot a state title that they otherwise probably would not have. Little chance for a school with an enrollment of 350 to knock off a school of 3500.
Many say "Look at Milan H.S., they did it" Yes they did and it was 45 years ago...

What's your take on it?

dk