View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 08, 2010, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopguy View Post
I completely agree with this statement and this made me think about how aggravated I got watching last year's NBA finals. In the NBA finals there were a few oob calls that were overturned by a replay where I thought the official made the correct call and I thought overturning the call was bull. I do not know NBA rules but it seems like once again NBA rules make it more diffult for us non-NBA refs.

Of course the announcers were 100% in agreement with overturning the refs calls.
I know which plays you were talking about. Specifically there was an out of bounds play where Kobe hit the ball out of Garnett's hands and replay showed it went off Garnett's fingertips (game 3 I believe). I am in 100% agreement with the announcers about overturning the calls. If you're going to have a rule and technology to help you out, then you have to have the correct call.

I also don't know how this would make things any more or less difficult for us. It's not like the out of bounds rule here is different. A close out of bounds call is probably going to be contested by the team would thinks they should be getting the ball anyway. No one is expecting you to go to the monitor, so you can't use replay.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.