View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 21, 2003, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

I think there are some things you DON'T want to include.

Don't talk about rules unless someone has a specific question about a rule.

Don't explain how you are going to call the game. They will figure it out. And if you don't call it the way you said you were going to call it,... now you are in trouble.

Especially don't do the above without your partner present... We're gonna call this and that and .... about then your partner joins the meeting. "We're going to do what? You're not getting us in trouble are you?"

I like to say something along the lines of "Captains, congratulations. You are the leaders of your teams. You will set the tone for sportsmanship, quality of play, and communication with us, the other team, and your own team. Use your position wisely - be leaders."

I don't know if anyone else has problems with players and their shirts. So another thing I might say, and this has to do with a rule so it goes against my earlier statement about no rules. I kind of feel it also has to do with being properly equipped... "I'm going to try to keep my shirt tucked in. You try to keep yours tucked in too."

"Let's have a great game."