Thread: Newb Post
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 21, 2003, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Poosh
Thanks for all the info. I contacted the Secretary of the Assoc. that is the person who initially contacted me and put me on the roster, to see if there was someone who helps out the newbs. And thanks for the advice about the wife and kids. I think i will tlak to her more about it tonight :-). But I think she understands but I better make sure. One thing is I have my own business on the side so she understands that and I do some night and weekend work with that sometimes a lot. But we have agreed that if I'm going to do this then I will have to scale back my business during the season. SO hopefully she will understand and we can work it out. And I never even considered thinking of asking about shadowing. Thanks for all the advice.

Another concern I have though that you brought up is politics. This assoc. only has 29 members from what I see on the roster including myself. Is that a smaller group? and do you normally have more politics in a smaller or larger group and also is it just really depend on the people and area. Or am I just getting ahead of myself and should wait to worry about those things till I get more into the assoc?

Thanks again for all your great advice!