View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 21, 2003, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: some ideas to try...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Quote:
Originally posted by Troward
I suggest you tell your designated inbounder to to always line up next to the official for the inbounds at EVERY whistle, not just time outs, regardless of whose ball it is. With the officiating you seem to be getting you will proabably average at least an extra possesion per game.
I am assuming you meant to have a smilie here. I would never teach my players to do this. I'll take anything we deserve, but I have no intention of looking to take inbounds plays away from the other team.

I do teach my players never to assume the ref saw the OOB call (or any other call) the same way they did, but that is slightly different. And it works both ways with OOB. Sometimes we think it's off them and it's off us, and vice-versa, sometimes because they miss it and sometimes because we don't see the whole play. I don't expect my players to help the ref in these cases. But if it is the other team's ball, they get the ball.

We will earn our possessions.
I've heard of people warning or issueing a T for unsportsman like for trying to "steal" a possession this way.