View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 30, 2010, 12:17pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettoref View Post
And I agree with the fact that questions like this, causes us to overthink the question and could most likely cause us to miss such a simple question. And yes the stakes are high if the test given in your state or association can qualify or disqualify you from participating in post season or championship games.

Personally, I have a full understanding of when a sub becomes a player or a player becomes bench personnel. As well as when the ball is live or dead. Imo this, is somewhat of a tricky question that I have seen before and really dislike seeing simply because of one word ----- after vs. when!! We all read questions that will immediately refer us back to the rule book because something about that question either does not sound right or maybe the wording of the question is different than what we remember. And that is what prompted my initial post. The wording of that question was different than what is printed in the rule book!!
Agreed. When I started officiating in Iowa, the open book test is all you needed in order to work as a "temporary" official. You only got that for two years; but passing that test made the difference between working or not.

That said, if you can't get a 70 even while missing all the trick/poorly worded questions, then i doubt fixing the questions will solve the problem.