View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 30, 2010, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
Again, let me apologize for my lack of awareness of how things are done in other states. I am sorry. Now I know.

FWIW, I was on a 48 hour shift and wanted to work on the test that I had left at home. I did finally get to work on the test this week. I choose not to participate in the "group meetings" where one could be a fly on the wall. I worked through the test myself as a way to study the rules. I looked up every questions then cross references the case book. I learn something new every year by doing this. It took me 8 hours. If anyone has the open format like we do, I would encourage them to work through the test and look up EVERYTHING, even if you think you know it. It's a great way to refresh on the rules for the upcoming season.
I take the test myself as well. Our state allows "open book" association tests, which really means everyone shows up and they read the answers off and they mail the tests in. I do the Part 2 before the meeting and take my answer sheet to check my answers with the correct ones. I feel like I'm in the vast minority of people who do this, as most tend to not even look at the questions and simply color in the answer sheet and mail it off.

It's no wonder I get told "You read too much into rules", when actually it's because I know the rules and choose to enforce them as written instead of making up my own like some do.