View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 06:21am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
A more conventional format, perhaps, would be like the one in our state. You log in, click start, and you have one hour to answer the 60 questions on the test. A person who felt the need to verify almost every question in the books could obviously benefit tremendously from having the questions in advance of the start of this one hour allotted time period.
And that's exactly why I made my previous statements. All states are NOT the same. What may not be an advantage in one state may be a huge advantage in another state. And the test results may be fairly meaningless in one state, while they might have playoff assignment implications in another.

That's why posting a full standard NFHS exam early on this forum that can be copied by anyone in any state might not be an advantage in any way for one area but might be a perfect opportunity for cheating in another area. And since there's no real advantage gained by discussing the odd individual exam question early here anyway, what real need is there for a complete test to be posted. And posting a full copy of the answers is similarly ridiculous, but even more-so.

And as I've said repeatedly, if you can't answer average rules questions without the aid of the rule book, you shouldn't be out on the court in a good game anyway imo. You don't have time out there to go find a book and look up what you're supposed to call. You're only cheating yourself if you depend on looking up answers.

JMO.