View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 11:14am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAzebra24 View Post
For all officials - if your commissioner made a ruling similar to Todd's would you knowingly violate their ruling? If you did would there be consequences? These questions are rhetorical and for thought only. For myself as someone here in the state the crux of the issue is an association knowingly & willfully violated their state commissioner. This is much like a divorce; both sides have culpability in this situation. Neither party has 100% clean hands.
It would depend on what they were asking me or others to do. Some things could be easy to follow. Other things would not be easy to follow. Like someone said if they said that a certain style of shirt was the only thing we could wear and I did not have that shirt. It might be hard to follow that procedure.

I will give you a great example of that right now. We have shirts that we can wear that have an embroidered logo instead of a state patch that is required on the shirt to work a game. Well the word is coming around that if an official wears and embroidery, all officials must match style of shirt. But the problem is that is not in writing and people are making that assumption based on word of mouth from people that had a personal conversation. I am not buying one of the shirts with embroidery on the shirt just too hopefully match others that may or may not have those shirts. Not until I see something in writing or if that policy is expressed at the Rules meeting. And at this point this could be as dicey as this situation, but I think our people will use a little bit of common sense. I know that our administrators do not like certain things, but they have yet to put those things in writing.

Peace