View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
The WOA by-laws state that officials must conform to WOA uniform standards. It was in the on-line rules clinic and on-line rules test what the uniform standards are and what the process is to get a waiver. And you know good and well that individual states have all kinds of policies/rules that aren't in the NFHS manual.

There is no confusion over the issue. They chose to do their own thing - they violated the by-laws they agreed to support. When they realized they might get nailed for it, they ran to the media to cover their butts and completely misrepresented the situation. And lots of people around the country took up their cause because they didn't know any better.
So answer my question.

Is the white-colored Fox whistle that is available from nearly every officials supply outlet non-conforming to the WOA? What about an official using an old school chrome metal pea-whistle..? I realize I'm splitting hairs, but your defense of the WOA by-laws has some holes in it. Common sense seemed to elude a few people during this entire process. It could've, and in most people's opinions....should've, been dealt with in a much more silent matter. Had the officials been sporting hot pink hats, flags, or shoes....I could see an issue.

I've also been using blue NFL type bean bags for years. Do I need to go back to a white one..? It seems ridiculous that your State, or the FED for that matter, should have to single out the exact color and/or definition of a whistle for an official's use. But to me, it seems ridiculous that this has spun into the big deal that it has. No offense....just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Canned Heat; Wed Oct 27, 2010 at 11:07am.