View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 11:02am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
The WOA by-laws state that officials must conform to WOA uniform standards. It was in the on-line rules clinic and on-line rules test what the uniform standards are and what the process is to get a waiver. And you know good and well that individual states have all kinds of policies/rules that aren't in the NFHS manual.
You still have not answered or shown where it says that only a certain color of whistle is to be used in the WOA handbook or procedures? I just looked at our uniform procedures and there is nothing about the color of the whistles in even our procedures. And as said before to you this is not basketball. Football officials use all kinds of whistles depending on the individual. Of course black is the standard and the most common, but that does not mean that is all you see. So if they were using a pink whistle that is not a violation unless it is written somewhere. Or would the WOA even make any issue if a official had a white or metal whistle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
There is no confusion over the issue. They chose to do their own thing - they violated the by-laws they agreed to support. When they realized they might get nailed for it, they ran to the media to cover their butts and completely misrepresented the situation. And lots of people around the country took up their cause because they didn't know any better.
It is obvious there was a dispute over the policy. I am certainly not disagreeing with you on that. But as someone said on another site, it appears that this was in the works long before the game and the Todd decided to send information of his objection just a couple of days before the game. Instead of just letting it ride and fighting another battle, Todd choose to make an issue out of it which and came to a game to make himself part of a story if there was one. Seems to me he could have said nothing and then addressed this at another time and he would come out smelling like a rose. Now he comes off as a jerk or petty. And as I said, if he was not going to assign games to them, just do it and this might not have been as much of a media story. But he allowed everyone to get wind of the attitude and allowed the media to get involved and the country to have a take on the story. It seems like Todd is not as savvy as those that are running for political office around the country and not realizing that when they say something people around the country might take a position on their words or actions.

Peace