View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 05:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAzebra24 View Post
Let me clear up a few issues as someone in the mix:

1. No one has been suspended and no games have been lost at this point
2. The association was aware of the potential consequences prior to the use of the pink whistles and choose to go ahead anyway. They were aware prior.
3. Todd Stordahl is the commissioner for all officials in the state of Washington not just football.
4. The association in question did not follow the approved process for use of non approved uniformn equipment.
5. The issue is not breast cancer awareness or the whistle. It is id the official commissioner of the state interpretation of the WOA bylaws should have been followed a local association. Breast cancer awareness as all other noble causes are worthy of our support and money.
6. The association backed Todd into a corner and what options did he have? He headss 150 officials associations in the state. Each one can't go their own way otherwise there chaos.

I will add Todd has been unjustly villified and threats have been made to his wife and children. Come on it its just a whistle.

This is a local Washington issue and debating the righteous of either side in this forum is not warranted. Each state has it's own structure and decision making process. What works in state A does not apply in state B.

The real question is how the media was made aware of this issue and by whom? I know the answer and it was not the WOA!

Please stop passing judgement on WOA, Todd and the association in question.
Do you have a cousin who lives in Piedmont, CA ??

This guy is the grand poobah of all officiating in Washnington and he couldn't handle it.

Blaming others for this makes him look worse than he did himself.