Thread: Single wing
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 01:32pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canned Heat View Post
There are a ton of variables. The throwing arm, the field conditions, tendencies due to the O-line being stronger or D being weaker on one side or another. The majority of all that you won't know until the game is underway, anyway. Find a happy medium that leaves you feeling comfy without making you feel that you're out of position. If you have a great working relationship with your guys, your UMP will know how and where to position himself as he sees you position yourself each play. If your wings have been with you awhile, they should know how you work and how mobile you are.

I haven't worked either team of the teams we have tonight in over two years.

I don't see too much passing either with this wind.....and I'm not too broken up about it either.

Good luck tonight guys.
I'll stay on the right side tonight. All the passes they threw the first time were little dump passes and it didn't matter which side I was on, in retrospect.

The challenge with this team is with the other backs -- making sure their blocking is legal and also making sure the defense isn't doing anything illegal to eliminate blockers. We had a linebacker take one of the blocking backs out below the knees on a play going wide to the right. Great flag by the wing.

I don't anticipate a lot of passing either. It's down to 51 and the wind is up to 36 mph. I'll be happy if it doesn't rain anymore. I'm taking 2 pair of shoes, 2 pairs of socks, 2 shirts, you get the idea. (Make sure you review your scrimmage kick rules tonight as balls are going to be blown all over the place.)