View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 21, 2003, 12:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James Neil
[
Derock
[/B][/QUOTE]

Mr Neil, you pick apart everything I post and I have decided for someone to be so critical of me, he himself must be clearly a much better official and it would be in my best interest as well as the interest of those games in which I officiate to learn from you.

If you feel I am incompetent as an official, I am asking you to teach me. I humbly and respectfully submit to you so you can teach me all the things I am lacking as an official. What do you say Mr Neil? Here is your chance to do something positive and help the "anti-ref" improve to become a more respectable official.

Even if you reject my offer, I will study your posts in hopes of gaining a better understanding of the rules.

Derock [/B][/QUOTE]

Although I sincerely believe you're just pulling my chain and am posting in an sarcastic manner , I'll take you up on this Derock . Again I'll offer my help and am willing to send you any and all study materals I possess . I'm willing to do this because I belive the way you conduct youself and officiat is a great disservice to all invloed in this game we all love so much. My e-mail add is [email protected]
If your serious go ahead and send my your address and I'll get you started . I'll say right now that I'm no expert . I'm learning this as I go . I just want to get it right and as I've said in the past , it's important for you to get it right too ! . My adavice now as in the past is to just listen and learn . Stop argueining and trying to get us to think of doing this in the manner you've been doing it
. It dosnt work ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Mr Neil if you're learning and I'm learning then maybe the both of us can learn together from each other and from the experiences of others. Are you just as willing to except a lesson from me as you are willing to give one? I have been doing this for over 7 years. Surely there is something I have experienced in my 7 years that I could share with you that would make you a better official. Are you just going to send me rule and case books to read or are you going to teach me how to officiate? If you're only going to send me rule books thats fine because as you know, I could definitely polish up on my rule knowledge. As a matter of fact, had it not been for your annoying posts I would have never bothered to look for my NFHS rule book that I now keep right next to my computer. As my teacher, I will ask you for clarification on many posts in the forum that I'm having difficulty in understanding. Thanks for accepting my request for help and hopefully I can do the same for you.