View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 20, 2010, 12:23pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
Every team makes the playoffs...that must make for some huge blowouts in the first round.
Yes, considering we have a lot of huge blowouts where all teams do *not* get in.

Last season in our first round game, we had a team that I flagged for illegal numbering on the first 2 plays because they had #46 as a guard and only 4 players numbered 50-79 in the game. Our HL convinced the coach to take a timeout so we could explain the situation to him so he wouldn't get flagged on every play and I even suggested that the kid could change jerseys if that would help him. He told me that they hadn't called this the entire season. His team wasn't from my part of the state. They fixed the problem -- with the exception of the play where they brought in #96 to play guard and I had to bring back their only score of the night. Game ended 59-0 and we had a running clock the entire second half.

Playoffs aren't always what they're cracked up to be, especially in the early rounds. In my crew's 5 years of playoff eligibility (I've only lived here for 8 years), we've had one close game (that finished 8-0). My long-term goal is to get our crew deeper in the playoffs and to have the first week off.