View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 15, 2010, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
In Wisconsin last night we had our #1 ranked Div 1 (biggest schools) playing our #2 ranked Div 2 team, they play in the same conference. On a 4th and 4 from their own 26 yard line the runner is stopped just short of the 30 yard line just inside the hash mark chains side. The Linesman makes no attempt to hustle in and get a spot, the umpire throws him the ball to spot it, he is still on the sideline. The coach whose team is on offense just takes off and sprints across the entire field and starts protesting the spot and that they moved the ball before taking a measurement. It looks like he has just lost his mind, the officials make NO attempt to walk him back to the sideline and he is out there for at least three minutes talking (ranting) with the referee. The coach was not flagged! How would you have handled the coach in this situation?
We had almost the same thing happen 2nd game of the year. I'm working LJ, ball goes OOB far side, late hit, flags fly. I move in to the hash on my side, holding spot and dead-ball officiating, when all of a sudden, here comes the coach past me, going to the other sideline. I catch up to him, turn him around, and then flag his butt. He goes ballistic, and I remind him that one more means he's gone, and about that time an assistant comes out and drags him back to the sideline.