View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 20, 2003, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Another technique

Attended a game as an observer. There was one heckler directly behind the visiting bench several rows up. The officiating team came out after halftime; met about the mid court circle; they said few things to each other; one of them turned and pointed directly at this guy and made eye contact; the other official shook his head in agreement; pointed himself at the guy and some discussion about what the heckler was wearing for comfirmation. They went on to have a great game and the heckler never said another word.

I really like the not WANTED poster idea. Polaroids are great!

Another situation. A goup of HS kids were heckling me and my partner. Ball goes out right where they were setting. I point the direction. I get a player for throw-in. I turn to check the table. Turn to check my partner. Turn back to hand the ball to the player... and there is now one of these heckling boys between me and the player. He says "You don't deserve to be out here." I replied "And neither do you." TWEET. Management kicked out about a dozen students that he was setting with - no more hecklers.

In this case, they entered the court of play and that is never acceptable.