View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 14, 2010, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Smile

I am kind of in a unique position here where I live because it is a island. Only two ways on or off are to either fly or by boat. The only way you get to ref off the island is to be selected for regionals and or the state tournament. So I think one of the biggest deterrents we face here is the fact that everybody knows everybody and people are terrified of the bashing that they could face. We see the same kids and parents from the time they are in youth leagues till high school and most likely into mens league. So usually everybody is sick of everybody by that time. You just can't hop in your car and drive 70 miles to the next town where nobody doesn't know you.

We don't have a college team so that is not a option. I do like the idea of posting an ad and throwing the money aspect out there. I would really like to incorporate some of the high school players and have tried in in the past with little success. But I do think that it is a great part time job on the weekends for the kids and is where I got my start 15 years ago.

Thanks again for the thoughts.