View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 20, 2003, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

First of all to Mr Time C: Oxymoron? Ummm yeah for 12 yr olds, it was top caliber ball. It is a tournament for travel ball teams. Which means every single kid on the team is an all-star type player form his regular team. Plus it was a 12yo maj as opposed to 12 yo AAA, these kids are good. They are well coached and know the game. They can pick up the curve as it comes in and adjust accordingly. They can fight off the O-2 pitch and foul it off. They can reach out and poke the pitch to right field. ETC ETC ETC Its good to work these games as the games move quick, and they are crisp.
--Yes I agree, there is a BIG difference between not seeing the play and NOT seeing interference.
--As I mentioned in one of my posts, in all the talk with the coach, he never made mention of the interference itself, just how we called it. So that tells me he saw what I saw, and was pissed he didnt get away with one.
--NO Pete, the coach wasnt upset IYO that the I made the call. He was upset that nothing was called orginally, then an interference call was made. He didnt make mention once about who made it. He wasnt upset that ANYONE didnt make the call. And your last statement is ridiculous, your way off track taking it to the nth degree. Yeah of course a rookie has to learn, but no one is making calls for someone else, or deferring at other times. I didnt MAKE the call for him.
--My only intent in my ORIGINAL question was should I have said INTERFERENCE right away? Thats what I was asking. After a couple days now, and inquiring, I found out thats the case. And I think we all know, that even IF I have done so, due to the nature of those kind of calls, theres going to be an argument.
--If my BU would have told me he saw the play and had nothing, then, no matter what I saw, HIS call would stand.
--And Pete, again, I think your way too concerned with the ego thing,of course were not going to be chainging calls by our partners (and in this case no call was CHANGED)and all the other situations you described. Geez lets keep it simple, BU supposed to make the call, if he sees it,and has no interference Defensive coach still pitches fit, if he calls it offensive coach pitches fit. IF he doesnt see the play, the same above occurs, but in a different order. There is still going to be a hassle by someone, due to the nature of the call. Even if I make the original call as required, still, again, an argument.