Thread: Choice of spot.
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 20, 2003, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Just a stupid question....
But who cares what side the ball comes in from? If the mechanic is not to bounce it (which by the way is idiotic in the backcourt that you cant) why not just go across the paint and give the player the ball?
I wasnt there but it seems to me that if you had said "ok coach" took three steps to the other side and put ball in play you could have avoided T's and evrything that goes along with one. what if he was pissed and picked up #2?

I cant imagine trying to write an incident report to the Association that stated the reason the whole situation was started was that I would not give the ball to the player on the other side of the paint...

The coach might be an idiot bu maybe he wanted his player at a certain spot, what if he knew there would be a press, they run a particular play, and he knew that you'd be in a better position to see wha was going on? If I can honor a reasonable request without breaking rules, I will. I'd think we'd want to do that. Save a lot more headaches than arguing over what spot it's coming in after a made basket..