View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 08, 2010, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I am a baseball guy and every time a softball umpire makes fun of me for how long my games take, it's clear they are in it only for a paycheck (normally they are in a uniform that should've been retired 10 years earlier, usually accompanied by a $10 navy jacket from Sears). You should choose based on what you'd enjoy doing.

I used to work both, but it became tiresome keeping all the rules changes and differences straight and I also didn't enjoy having scheduled softball games cannibalizing my baseball schedule, so I gave up softball years ago and haven't looked back. Others I know did the opposite (gave up baseball).
Like me, but I never did both at the same time. Baseball got to the point where I just wanted to scream at the batter to get in the box and the pitcher to throw the damn ball to the plate, not to keep checking the runner at 1B that is only 5 feet off the base.

The same applies to FP softball. All the constant catcher chasing the runners back to the base when there isn't a chance in hell of that runner advancing or getting her out. THROW THE DAMN THING BACK TO THE PITCHER!

And people wonder why I prefer SP.