Thread: Taking A Knee
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2010, 10:54am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
I have 2 friends that do major college football - 1 Southland, 1 Big 12. I asked them whether they say anything to teams or if coaches say anything to them on a taking-a-knee situation.

One said, "Eff no" to the first question and "If I need a coach to tell me they are taking a knee when they line up in victory, I need a new job."

The other said, "No, never. If we did, it would be frowned upon - these guys know how to act." to the first one, and "No, why would they." to the second.
First of all we are not talking about what they do at the college ranks. We are talking about high school and specifically jurisdictions we work not what the Big 12 or Big Ten does.

But at the college ranks which I work there is some communications as our supervisor is a technical advisor for the Big Ten. Never have I heard that we do not communicate something to the players. Again those are college players and they have a better understanding of the consequences and getting ejected can have a bigger affect on their career.

Peace