Thread: Taking A Knee
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 07, 2010, 01:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
Ahh yes, I don't understand how rules are written. Maybe someday I will be intelligent enough to see that the offense trying to make the defense think that there is a problem and that the snap is not imminent is practically the same thing as an official asking the coach of the offense what type of play they will be running and then the offense not running that type of play. Looking back I must have been crazy to think that those were different.
I do not know whether you are intelligent, I just know that because you do not agree with the ruling does not mean it does not fit the spirit and intent of the rule or interpretation covered.

Quote:
You know that teams run fake kneel down plays, you admitted that you have seen it on the field. You must have seen a muffed snap before. Anything can happen.
Yes and we shut it down. And it is also spelled out at other levels as well to be illegal. So maybe this is not one of these acceptable fake plays.

Quote:
It is none of your business to find out what type of play the offense is planning on running. Don't ask anyone. You can probably realize when it may be a kneel down situation and you can probably realize when A is in a kneel down formation. If you need to say something you can tell the players to "be smart" or "protect yourselves". It is not your job to announce anything to the defense before the snap.
It is? I guess we never ask coaches "Are there any unusual plays that we need to be aware of?" You are right; we have no right to know what they run. So much so that we ask coaches before every game to make us aware of plays they might run so we can be prepared for them and rule on them properly. In some cases tell the coach that play is illegal which they are often unaware. So I guess someone must think we have the right to ask them what plays they are running. Better yet, coaches in my area often go out of their way to tell us they are taking a knee. So I guess they gave us that right?

Peace