View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 04, 2010, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Overzealous, Absolutley

Previous actions...Nothing, quiet game. Nothing had even been said about the other teams pitcher leaping on her change-up EVERY time. Have learned that really doesn't get you anywhere. So why worry about it. Like it's been said so many times here on the forum. Umpires are not there to "teach" the coaches and the umpires are not ther to "coach" the players. So I think it's only fair that coaches not "teach" the umpires. When I umpire, I umpire. When I'm at the field with my daughter. I'm a father. I don't like it when I umpire and fans try to teach me so when a fan I don't teach them.

Yes I am aware of the # of coaches on the field. But again any ruling works against us. Why make a problem. The problems will find themselves quick enough.

This particular coach...because of the field design and the dugout design...was in no way a part of the playing field. Again I undewrstand the method of warning. But you cannot dispute that many times umpires create their own headaches.

A statment was made...If I let you stand out there and the ball hits you, it's my fault

How is this YOUR fault in any way shape or form. I was comparing the state having put speeding signs up to state a rule. A rule that I was well aware of. Yet when I called to tell them it was their fault I was speeding I was given no mercy...still had to pay the ticket. Is the writer stating that if we don't tell the coach of a rule...which he or she is breaking....we, the umpire, are to take that into consideration when enforcing the rule? We let it happen so don't enforce?