Thread: TD callbacks
View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 02, 2010, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Rich, i feel your pain...we didn't have that many BUT...second play from scrimmage last night A QB makes an awesome dive fake, rides the kid into the line then pulls it out as FB gets tackled, pitches it to the RB who goes 60 yards around the left side for an apparent TD.... HL has an inadvertant whistle. We had just pregamed. "If you do not see the ball do NOT blow the whistle. a slow whistle is better than a quick whistle. this is a good option team see the ball"...etc..
A heard the whistle, a few B players did as well, and of course B coach screams "there's a whislte" So, I look back and the HL is standing at the spot where he blew it dead near the LOS shaking his red faced head.
I go over and explain this to A's coach, who is less than happy. Says something like "HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN, THIS IS HIGH SChOOL FOOTBALL!"
I kept my answer to myself, we replay the down and life goes on...
As it turns out A drives down scores again and ends up winning anyway by 40points.
I told the HL its a good thing I don't drink or he would have gone broke! he owes me a steak dinner though...AH I love Friday nightts

disadvantage of working mixed crews...an R never really knows what he is going to get from game to game..