View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 19, 2003, 10:32pm
Administrator

Re: Tried that, did not work.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Two thoughts (besides the obvious that the coach is an idiot): 1)Maybe just a quick reminder "Coach! He can run the baseline!" would have calmed him down...2)Why not let him move over there and then bounce the ball across to him? Bouncing is permitted in Fed games...other than that, whack the idiot coach again!
I had already told him that he could run the baseline. That did not make any difference to him. He insisted that I did not know what I was doing. That is when he started screaming.

And according to IHSA Mechanics, you cannot bounce the ball on the baseline. And you cannot ever bounce the ball across the lane during NF games, at least not according to the book. Your state might allow something different, but according to the NF Official's Manual, you can only bounce the ball to a thrower on your side of the lane.

Peace

JR: Just one question. Why does the IllinoisHSA not allow the Trail official to bounce the ball to the thrower-in for a backcourt throw-in on the baseline. NFHS and NCAA mechnics allow it.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio