View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 19, 2003, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Yup, I agree Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by scottk_61
I agree with much of what you are saying Mike,
I am just a peon who does what the local association declares.......
The watch of course is for time limit games that are almost always played at night in the adult leagues and most everyone carries it in their pocket or hangs one on the fence.

The socks are an item of particular debate here, short versus long, but all white is the preferred choice.
You have been down here in this area so you know what the weather is like in the summer so our uniform is modified somewhat.
Yep. I worked a bundle of games in FL last year. More than a dozen in Plant City in June and another nine in Pensacola in Aug. Both places have a high level of humidity and taking a shower is usually a waste of time. In Pensacola, it was in the 90's by 7:45 AM and got warmer as the day progressed, but the humidity was just attrocious.

And those were all in Class A uniforms!

Personally, I don't care for the short socks and insist on the 3-rings for tournaments. However, the only thing I ask is that they are up when you walk onto the field. After that, I believe umpires have better things to worry about than the need for garters to hold up their stocks.