View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 28, 2010, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

I've seen the Honig's first hand, but never wore them. I do have both, the GD's and Smitty's.

Last week, we had mid to low 50's and hard blowing winds with mist and light rain off of Lake Michigan, making for a fun night overall. My GD's were still being hemmed, so I went with my Smitty's. 3 of our 5 had the same ones on (Smittys). I came away feeling better about the Smitty's than I originally had. I know the Honig's and GD are thicker, and will be beneficial when it gets uglier out, though the Smitty held up well and actually beaded any moisture rather than soaking in. It remains to be seen how long that holds out after multiple washes.

On a side note....I just bought a few black hand towels this last week and used a hole punch and attached a brass grommet to each. I use a clip (similar to those on a golf towel) and attach this onto my belt or a loop for ball and hand drying purposes during inclement weather. I think this is a better look with the blacks and also hides the dirt (and red dye from the footballs).