View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 27, 2010, 09:24pm
Chain of Fools

I have Davis and Honig's. If you go to Davis' web site, you find that he's had them redesigned. Apparently the Fed set the stripe standard at 1 1/4" whereas his were 1". The new model has the approved stripe. I have last years. In his description for the new model, he mentions that they aren't water repellant, which kind of defeats one of the purposes of switching to them. I do like the flag pocket and the adjustable waist.

Honig's have more heft to them, the coating I guess. The waist and pocket design is more like a traditional knicker. Honig's gets a not-so subtle dig in on their competition by mentioning that they "didn't just sew a stripe on their basketball pant".

I have yet to wear either pair beyond trying them on. My Honig's are currently being hemmed and I need to check on them Thursday. We can begin wearing them Oct. 1st, although I'm scheduled to be off. We've finally had some rain this week but the weather should be fine for the weekend. Our booking agent does want us to wear them this Friday however.

I don't know about the Smitty's as I haven't seen them. There was one other brand that were pretty expensive I found searching this summer but they sounded almost weather-proof-I can't recall the company though.

For what I know so far, I guess I'll go Honig's, although they seem to be bit too cozy with our state office for my liking.