View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 26, 2010, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Why do some officials claim it's a horse collar foul if the hand is inserted inside the collar but the runner is pulled forward to the ground?
The best piece of advice I ever got was, "People who tell you stories about others, are the people who tell others stories about you." The same applies to those who put words in other's mouths.

As for what other officials might do, all you can control is being the best official YOU can be, and doing what YOU know is right. The best way I've found to answer a question about what might have happened at some other game, is to direct my answer specifically and directly to whatever rule may be involved, rather than any previous play situation.

If you hear an other official offer an interpretation you disagree with, the best you can do is offer a correction. If he refuses to listen, tha's on him. If you don't bother to mention the disagreement, that's on you. You'd be surprised how much you might learn from correcting others whom you "thought" were wrong.

Last edited by ajmc; Sun Sep 26, 2010 at 03:23pm.