View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 25, 2010, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Earlier in this thread there was a post about wearing fast pitch shoes in men’s slow pitch. I thought that was funny as heck and wondered if it would work. Last night I was doing a local men’s slow pitch with a couple of good hearted fun teams. In the third inning the home team pitcher was giving me a fun ribbing about a ball that he thought was a strike but it missed the mat by just about an inch. It was all in good fun.

Between innings I went to the coach of the home team and with as straight a face as I could muster told him that the opposing team had brought to my attention that the pitcher was wearing illegal shoes. The shoes he had a had a fast pitch logo on the back. The pitcher was now coaching 3rd base and the coach went out to talk to him. He looked at the back of his shoes, his coach looked at the shoes and at the end of the inning his teammates looked at his shoes. He even asked players from the opposing team to explain to him what the issue was with his shoes. When he finally figured it out but teams just lost it and laughed their heads off.

Before his first pitch I asked him "So pitch, was that call in the last inning a ball or a strike?" Everyone went crazy laughing again. Thanks to the person that posted it earlier, we all had a good time because of it.