View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 22, 2010, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
VA = NFHS Rules.

One thing I personally am dissappointed in this year is the "Online State Rules Clinic."

We have a mandatory rules clinic annually that we must attend to be certified, where we discuss the previous yr, this yr's POE's and rule changes, have a Q&A, etc.

While the clinic was informitive and nice, for me it was a good excuse to get together "one time a year" with a great many fellow officials from my and other Associations, to BS and catch up, as well as buy my annual gear from the local Officials Choice guy. It was a hassle for many though as there weren't that many clinics and it's a pretty big state.

Alas, in VA, as is the Exam now, this has gone electronic and now we just logon and watch some slides......ho hum.
Really? I like it being online. How many times do I have to hear JS go over the dimensions of what legal piping is on a uniform!! Plus, we have our local organizational meetings so we all get together then. Now if we held the meetings at a nice resort in VB or Williamsburg, made it a weekend with golfing etc, THEN I would miss it!!