View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 20, 2010, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

Was not wanting to come off as attacking BJ too much.. was just the feeling I got from how he said things..

I agree, my statement of not being noticed is short sighted, in trying to make a point and be brief to cut down on read time words do not come out correctly.

Coaches and fans while they will not always agree with our calls, will usually remember us for the major screw ups. Those people have an interest in the outcome of the game. combine that with a lack of knowledge of rules, or even worse; their own interpretation of a rule, that as officials we have worked together to maintain a consistant agreement of the proper administration of when to penalize or not.

Yes there are occasional gems working as coaches that will come out and tell you great call even though it went against his team.... usually with him acting like he is raising hell and chuckling as he says If I don't do this my parents will hang me..

Thanks Bob71, guess I fell in with the urban legend of that being based on the Flynt case...

Last edited by ShadowRef; Mon Sep 20, 2010 at 07:40pm. Reason: thanks added