View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 20, 2010, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx View Post
Wow, from the photo it looks like a face mask, not sure what your looking at. I blew the photo up & you can see is pinkiw & ring finger in the mask. I agree you can't tell all the facts from a photo. I called this for the first time in about a 1000 games last week when the runner was trying to stiff arm/go around the defender & pulled the defenders mask straight down as he was tackled, he puller the defender so hard it looked like the first thing that hit the ground from the defender was his chin & the runner still had a good hold of the mask. It should be a no doubter if your gonna call it.
I'm looking at the same photo you are. Even if there is a grasp ... this appears to be a simple facemask - pushing the player's head up and back is not a facemask. His pinky may be in there, but the movement you're getting is not due to the grasp (apparently, at least). The sitch you describe above (pulling down on the mask) is exactly where I'd call it - the picture, no. There's no yank, pull, twist, etc. (Again ... apparently).

West Houston Mike