View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 20, 2010, 01:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRef View Post
BJ; I am under the impression your not an official but a coach that wants to troll...

Like the Supreme court justices said to Larry Flynt... you know it when you see it...
You are right that BJ is a coach and often gets into with people about obscure rules or applications of the rules. I honestly think he means well, but gets caught up in some wording or situation that does not apply to his main "*****" about how a rule is enforced or not enforced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRef View Post
anytime a team scores, there is some form of celebration, We as officials are responsible to move in collect the ball for the pat and hustle the players back to their respective huddles.

Our job is to keep the game moving, and maintain its integrity. Our best games as officials are the ones that no one remembers us being there at all.
I have to say this. Can we stop saying that we are not to be noticed to be considered a good official or doing a good job. That stopped happening some years ago for most of us. Even if we do not call something controversial or anything goofy happens, we have coaches that know before that game starts who we are. And in the age of YouTube and commentators on TV talking about officiating every other play; we are going to be noticed all the time. I think we do ourselves a disservice by acting like if we do not call things we will not get noticed or that should be the barometer. Some of the best officials are noticed for the right reasons, not for what we call or do not call.

Peace